Stewart – Cramer
I was expecting a flop show last night on The Daily Show thinking that Stewart will probably take the high road and not come down hard on Cramer but, boy, was I wrong!!! Stewart eviscerated Cramer. In the end it seemed that Cramer basically came on the show to apologise to Stewart.
Top Ten Can-Indians Issues
Ever since I became an Indian born Canadian the following are some of the issues I have had to deal with…..
1) Festivals that I used to take for granted in India are now obscure concepts (Diwali, Holi, Dushera etc.)
2) Having deep conversations with my 4 year old on why she is brown and not white.
3) Having to sit through parties and listen to recently returned Can-Indians praise on and on about the growth in India and then be told by the same people on a one to one basis on how much India actually sucks (electricity disruptions, water disruptions, corruption etc.)
4) Having to see my child give me a quizzical look when she is speaking to her grandparents in India.
5) Having to hear a pathetic drugged white pan handler give me a scolding on how I am taking his job away and how I have to shut up because that person just may have a weapon on him.
6) Having to deal with only 3 weeks holiday instead of 5 weeks.
7) Having to explain to visitors to Canada why Tim Horton’s coffee, for it’s price, is the best in the world.
8 ) Having to shovel snow.
9) Having to go to a job where I know I can do much more for the company than my boss ever can. But since I really don’t have requisite “Canadian experience”, I have to take what I can.
10) Having to explain to jerks over and over again to why Cricket is an exciting sport with lots of action in it. Of course, right after such a conversation, the jerks go into a detailed analysis of the latest golf tournament!! Go figure.
Is It Necessary?
Dear Prime Minister:
We, the undersigned, urge the parliament of Canada to take immediate action to ban handguns in Canada.
Handguns are intended for one purpose and that is to kill people. Their presence in Canada has resulted in the deaths of far too many people and have no place in our country.
It is time to ban the private ownership of handguns.
This is being pushed quite hard here. Have you seen the youtube clip?
I have no clue how this is going to help? All I know is that owning a handgun in a city is stupid, stupid, stupid.
And please don’t give me any statistics on murders against gun ownership. If you do, then I think I will look into ownership of keeping a 30 foot anaconda in my house. I mean, how many people in Toronto have actual died from an anaconda attack, right?
So, sign away people!!
"Bullshit" Number One Issue